Vice President of Station Operations
I was born in Denver, Co and have called it home throughout my life. I have been married – to the same woman – for 40+ years. I have nine brothers and sisters, four children, three grandchildren, and 33 nieces and nephews. As might be imagined, a good part of my life is spent with my extended family. I have worked in television my entire adult career. I spent 15 years in production and editing, shifting gears for a 7 year stint as Senior Manager of Business Operations at DirecTV before coming to Channel 12 in 2004.
what Mark does at Channel 12
My current title is Vice-President of Station Operations, though for most of my 10+ years here I was the Director of Technical Services. I have responsibility for strategic station planning, particularly in the technical area, and for many aspects of the day-to-day operation of the station. I work with all station departments and staff in one capacity or another, providing support and coordination for a number of station initiatives. Like all of us here, on any given day I can attend a technical design meeting in the morning and be seen cleaning a spot on the carpet in the afternoon.
You can contact Mark online, or call him at 303.991.5028.
random things about Mark
- B.A. in History with focus on Latin America
- Incessant and compulsive reader with a minimum of six books open by my bed at all times (I don’t always finish them)
- Eclectic compulsive interests include 1st century-ish Jewish / Christian history (not specifically theology), the French and Russian Revolutions, psychology (Jung, Lacan, Becker, Rolland, etc…), Jean-Paul Sartre, neuroscience, quantum physics, 19th and 20th century French and Russian literature, Lincoln and the Civil War, Latin American Literature (okay, I’ll stop there, and by the way, I’m not an expert on any of the above, just compulsively interested)
- Love kids, especially the wee little ones
- Regular poker player
- Love to travel, both foreign and domestic
- Favorite TV series: The Wire
- Favorite dramatic movie: Rumble Fish
- Favorite comedy movie: Trading Places
- Favorite book: One Hundred Years of Solitude
- I LOVE Denver and Colorado
- I’m not always as serious as all this makes me sound