Out of Order: Things to do in Denver when You’re Dead Exclusively on KBDI-12 December 20th
Release Date: 12/10/09
Author: H Dalton
DENVER – December 10, 2009 – Channel 12 viewers are about to alleviate the stress of the holidays with the second episode of Out of Order titled, “Things to do in Denver When You’re Dead.”
On Sunday, Dec. 20 at 7:30 p.m. KBDI will air the second 30-minute episode of Out of Order, a quarterly magazine-format television show that covers the Front Range from all angles with an eclectic mix of profiles, commentaries and offbeat features.
The first episode of the Out of Order series, first broadcast in October on Channel 12, will air at 7 p.m.
Created by award-winning Channel 12 producers, Out of Order will offer a platform to those that might not have a voice within the mainstream.
In the 7:30 p.m. episode, the Out of Order team features:
- Lucha Libre! translated as Free Wrestling or Free Fight, is an important part of Mexican Culture and has been known as the soul of Mexico. Out of Order catches up with Estilos Rojillos (a.k.a. Sid Pink) as he explains the phenomenon that is descending upon Denver and featuring a sneak peek of the upcoming documentary about Lucha Libre in Denver courtesy of EYEOSAUR Productions
- An examination of Geocaching. A new twist on scavenger hunts through the use of GPS devices is bringing communities together to places they have never seen before.
- Zombie Mania. A segment explaining our culture’s obsession with Zombie Culture, including a discussion of zombie basics, a Zombie Crawl and looking closer at the meaning of Zombie movies.
- The Killer Ladies of Roller Derby explain why over the last five years the sport of roller derby has made a comeback and is popping up in cities all over the world. Learn what it takes to participate in this action-packed sport and what makes it so attractive to the players and growing number of fans.
- Out of Order takes you on a quick tour of five cool things you may not know about some of Denver’s cemeteries. We will be guided by local historians to fill us in on some of the history we may have missed.
- An art segment celebrates the Pirate Art Gallery as they honor those who have passed with the annual Dia de los Muertos exhibition. During this joyous celebration, it is believed that the souls of the departed return to visit the living.
- A full schedule of Channel 12 programming is available at www.KBDI.org.
Return to Press Releases List